Stenciling


Artist find inspiration in everyday items, ie a tissue box!!!

Once the tissue box was empty, I cut it apart and saved one of the long sides.  I cut a stencil of the flowers and leaves, by tracing the tissue box onto stencil plastic.  I then rolled out a small piece of gumpaste, very thin; and applied stenciled pattern to the paste.  As with other stenciling projects, you start at the outer edge with your color and pull it toward the center.  I then cut away the excess gumpaste, removed the stencil and left the piece to dry. 

I then covered my cake board with fondant and using the flower stencils, put a random pattern on the fondant to add an additional dimension to the finished cake.

Next, cover your overall dummy or fresh cake with fondant.   I then rolled out fondant and using a Designer  Stencil.com,  stencil of stripes.  I applied the color of the flowers to the strips and cut the pieces to fit the circumference of each tier.

I wrapped a very thin stain ribbon around each tier and using royal frosting applied the flowers and leaves.  I finished the design with a loose stain bow and long tail ribbon.



No comments:

Post a Comment