Spring Flowers


Vintage designs form the 70's are making a comeback this year.

A floral array of flowers were created out of gumpaste, for this cake.  Orchids, Calla Lilly's, Hibiscus, Roses, Lily of the Valley and Ivy.

The three tiers will serve 150 guest and are separated with Wilton separator plates and legs.  I will say , I personally,  am not a fan of these older separators.  They where the reason many cakes would collapse.  The newer leg go through the cake right to the board the cake is sitting on.  This give the leg much more support.  I will admit I hot glued the plates and legs together to make sure they would not give way if the table where to get bumped.

The sun was very bright and the cake was next to a window.  I closed the blinds to get this picture and apologize that it is not clear, I was trying to get a close up of the flowers.




No comments:

Post a Comment