Iroquois Wedding Show

Bridal Shows are a very good source of advertising.   

A local private boating club was the venue host for a fall themed show.  I was the only cake supplier so I was given free range for my display.  

The gumpaste flowers I made were the Tiger Lilly, Wheat, Lotus pods, Cattails, mini Carnations, Pine cones, Variegated Ivy as well as a variety of gumpaste fall leaves.


I made two 10" cakes, two 9", two 8" and one 7", serving 160 guest.

  This show was very special in that the brides, mothers, and attendants were provided a five course meal by the venue chef, while models walked around the tables wearing all forms of wedding and honeymoon attire.  The faux bride and groom then cut the cake and it was served as it would be during the reception. 


This cake display stand I purchase about 15 years ago at an ICES convention.  I love the victorian style and when I saw this cake display, I took a good deal of my new equipment budget for the show, to purchase it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment