Paw puppy for Ireland

Using a coloring page from the internet, I molded the character in fondant. 

 When creating a 2-D version you must first start with a frame, as you can see, I started with the chest and hind quarters of the dog and added the tail as the first appendage. 


Here are her legs and fee.


Then the head, with indents for eyes and mouth.  The hair is individual rolls.


As the colors are soft,  I used petal dust and crisco mixed for paint.


I wanted the eyes to be bright and crisp, so the petal dust is added to a small amount of vodka, which makes more of a water color paint.


for the finished character, fondant googles and her sweater and tag are added.  I created a triangle shield for added support as I was using a triangle shape cake. 


The cake was French Vanilla with strawberry compote and frosted in buttercream with a simple shell boarder.

The birthday girl name is cut from FFM alphabet letters and placed on a fondant ribbon.







No comments:

Post a Comment