Erin, Anthony and Baby....

This was an exciting time for my family as my niece Erin was expecting her first child, which is also the first grandchild for my brother-in-law and his wife.

Erin and husband Anthony were having a baby reveal party and the invitation said, 

"is it Mickey or Minnie" 


Minnie's cupcake was White cake with Strawberry compote.  The Mickey cupcake was Chocolate with fudge filling.  The "ears" where made of black fondant (I inserted a piece of uncooked spaghetti so that they would stand-up), while the cupcakes were baking.  

I cut the ears with the bottom of a frosting tip as well as the white dots for her dress.  The bow was fondant pressed into a "button and bows" relief mat from Wilton cake supply.


Both designs started with a 2-1/2" circle of fondant, hers red, his black.  For her, I placed white dots on the dress, pushed the ears into the cupcake and using a little royal icing, placed the bow against the ears. 

For his, I cut red circles of fondant and cut them in half to represent his shorts.  Added the two yellow dots as buttons along with the famous ears.

As the couple wanted to surprise me as well, the 6" baby reveal cake was made by a local grocery store.

Before all the guests and family arrived, the cupcakes were placed on a wedding cake tower and the reveal cake was at the top.

Munchies of all kinds filled the island in the kitchen and I used the plates and napkins to continue the theme.  I cut two white napkins to create the famous white gloves.  I could have made the napkins into a skirt but chose the bowtie and pants?????



We were thrilled to reveal.... it was to be a SON!!  

Congratulations Erin and Anthony.

No comments:

Post a Comment