Ellie is 95


Its hard to believe its been 5 years since I first meet Ms. Ellie.

For her 90th birthday celebration I was consulted on her cake.  

She wanted a large cake with 90 candles on it. When it was lit, the local firemen, in full gear, rushed in to help her put out the fire.  I regretfully do not have pictures of the cake or the event, but it was  fun evening for all.

So Ellie is now 95 and the family was celebrating in a smaller manner but they still wanted a reference to the fire department on her cake.


The cake was a 9" Spice cake with a Apple-butter Cream Cheese filling.


I think it is important to always make more flowers or items needed for your cake.   While putting the final touches to your latest creation, you do not want to break a piece and not have one in reserve to replace it with. 

 I always work under this practice and often I'm left with a reserve of flowers, which works out well for last minute orders ;)


The building is a flat piece of fondant which was a reserve piece from another cake.  The flames were cut from a french filagree set.  The pink peony was also a reserve flower from a prior wedding cake. 



 I love candles and I'm always looking for new designs to use on my birthday cakes.  These are from Wilton.


No comments:

Post a Comment