Couch Potato

While attending an open house for a graduation, a women inquired about a birthday cake for her father who was celebrating his 80 birthday the following week.  I said sure, tell me a little about him, what type of work did he do?   What hobbies does he have...ect.  She started to giggle and said "He is a couch potato"  

Well that was all I needed to hear!  She ordered a Carrot cake with cream cheese filling.    

I baked a 13x9x2 Carrot pound cake and carved two chairs (one I put together and will use for another time, as a display cake)

The chair was covered in blue fondant.  The Potato dad was made of rice crispy and covered in brown fondant.  I set the chair and potato atop a 10" round cake, standard Carrot cake/cream cheese filling.  The shag rug was done using the grass tip.  The TV was fondant covered rice treats.  The lamp was a spaghetti stick painted and the shade was rice paper which I ran through a crimper.  The Bud cans are candles.


Notice the remote in his right hand.  HAHAHA  (that  is where the remote is in my house too!) 
I love all the little eye marks in the potato :)

I saw the women a week or so after the surprise party and she said her dad would not let anyone cut the cake until the guest started to leave at the end of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment