Brenda and Rob

The brides design was one found on the internet in black and white. However, she changed just about everything from the picture to create an original design just for her big day.

Colors of Tiffany and Brown.  

Being a A-type  artistic personality, I usually keep all things in natural color to represent the beauty of nature, i.e. flowers.  With that being said sometimes fake color works better and this cake was just one that worked.  These flowers are based on a poppy and impatiens.  First I made small cone centers in several sizes and painted them tiffany blue or brown.  I then wrapped coat-thread around my fingers several times to make the stamen which were tapped into place. These were allowed to dry overnight.  
Next I cut the petals and took a center down through the middle of each flower.  When all the flowers were complete,  I typed the wires to create a cascade of flowers for the front of the cake.  I added spiral wire in brown to give the final design a little edge.  

The cake board was initially white and to much of a contrast to the flowers so before assembling the cake I airbrushed the lace a tiffany blue.

This cake features a 12" Chocolate Peanut Butter cake with Peanut Butter Mousse, a 9" Red Velvet cake with Strawberry compote and a 6" Spice with Apple Butter Cream Cheese filling.  The couple also had a half sheet cake of Marble cake with Fudge filling.  


No comments:

Post a Comment