Book Club

Our book club meets from September through April.  I hosted our October meeting and of course Halloween was my theme.  The wine was an apple cider reduction with heavy spices and a dry wine (fill each glass with equal parts of both.  This is from the Food Network October Magazine)

I made a savory pumpkin dip (Food Network October Magazine)  served with blue tortilla chips. The sweet, was a  cupcake of cinnamon crunch  cake and a pumpkin buttercream,  the little skeleton was made from small pretzels dipped in white chocolate and hung on a lollipop stick to dry.  The head is half a large marshmallow with the face painted on.  

I used small plastic vampire teeth as a napkin ring.

My centerpiece is a small tree skeleton with sugar cookies hung on the branches.  The cookies are stamped with black food coloring.  (I did this a lot when my sons were small for all the holidays.  When I was a child my father use to make a jelly bean tree at Easter for me and my sisters.  Thanks for the concept Dad, the tradition cares on!)



No comments:

Post a Comment