Grand Design

I was brought a cake picture about 15 years ago.  The bride loved the spacing but she changed everything else about the design.  This picture was found in a magazine at the time.  I'm not sure where the picture went or the magazine that it came from, but I never forgot the basic look and recreated the memory for a bridal show.

I first started by cutting out 1,500 -  3" circles from gumpaste which I dried completely.    The 20", 18", 16", 12", 10" and 8" dummy layers were covered in fondant.  A  No.2 round tip was used to pipe the royal frosting swags.  Gold dargees were added to the points of the swags.  Three hydrangea were placed at the top.

This cake was a show stopper.  I received many, many questions and complements.  The local newspaper was at this event talking with the future brides and this cake made the article.


No comments:

Post a Comment