Sweet Pea


The Sweet Pea cutter set was purchased many years ago at an ICES Convention, I apologize that I do not remember the company, but many companies still sell this flower cutter.


As aways you need a center.  Here I have cut a circle and wrapped it around a 26 gauge wire.  The little "flag" is the back of the center.  


Using the wing cutter, gentle thin the edges and slightly cup the outer edge.  Apply glue to the flag of your center and line up the wing petal with the tip down.  Gently press with a pinch to hold the wing in place.  It is not necessary to dry at this point, continue on with your entire number of flowers needed before adding the outer petal.


The outer petal is the one that looks like an air bubble from a comic strip.  Again you will thin the edges and you will need to slightly cup the entire surface of this petal.  Put a thin line of gum glue down the center and attach it to the competed first petal in the same manner.


This is a side view and a front view of the flower petals.  You will finish with a small green calax.  



I leave this flower at this point and store them.  When they are needed, I color the necessary shade with airbrush or petal dust and then I add the calyx before adding to my arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment