Wafer Paper display cake


This design was done as a dummy display cake.
  
I first started by cutting strips of wafer paper in various widths.    

I used food safe markers in blue to add design to the strips and silver luster dust for the details.  Using a piece of craft foam which I marked with solid and broken lines I folded the strips in a fanfold pattern.

The strips are glued end to end to create a piece long enough to go around the circumference of each layer.  The bottom layer was one 3" wide piece of folded wafer paper.  The next tier is two separate 1" stripes folded wafer paper.    The third tier is one 2" piece and the top tier is three 1" strips.  Each of the strips are glued to the fondant covered cake dummy with a thinned down piping gel.

I cake is not finished but I loved the folded wafer paper,  so I thought I would show you!!!   I would love to make some wafer paper flowers to finish the design, but it will need to wait to another day, customer orders need my attention.




No comments:

Post a Comment