Embossed Fondant


Embossed or textured fondant gets a slightly thicker roll than you would do for a smooth finish.  After rolling the desired dimension of the cake you are covering,  you will need an embossing template, which may be purchased from any cake supply company.

Prepare the wrong side of the template with a very light coating of shortening, working carefully around all the openings.  I then use a paper towel to remove any excess.  

Next careful place your fresh rolled fondant over the prepared side of the template and gently working the palm of you hand over  the entire surface.  You should have slight indents where the fondant has pushed through the openings.   Once you feel that all of the fondant is embossed, lift the template (which has the fondant attached) and place it over your cake.  

Gently remove the template and smooth the fondant top and sides to attach it to your cake.  



You may now dust or paint you embossed designs.  Here I used a rose color dust.

This cake was ordered the day before the party as a family friend was going to make the cake and then was hurt.   For 35 guests I used a 10" and 8".  I also used an umbrella (the extra one from the last blog) and finished the design with a lovely pink bow featured on the backs of the chairs at the party venue.


As a Sugar Artist, I take get care in planning all of  my customers requests, however, once in a while, I receive that emergency call to help out another baker or, in this case, fill in for another.  

I was very pleased with the final result and my customer was thankful and very impressed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment