Tisket a Tasket


Our community has an Ice Cream shoppe that is the highlight of our summers.  The shoppe was owned by a family for several generations, then last fall it was sold.  I had done business with the original owner, whom allowed me to get product.

I made a visit to the shoppe when it opened just before Easter and inquired if the new owner would honor the agreement I had with the previous owner.  To my delight, they were more than happy to help.  I requested items for their next order cycle and the new owner gave me the items I requested for FREE.  I was so surprised...I decided to make an Easter cake for them.

This is a 10" checkerboard cake (pink and purple color of white cake)  The fondant was rolled with a basket-weave pattern, then airbrushed and distressed.  The handle is chocolate clay, the dogwood blossom are gumpaste, the grass is wafer paper and jelly beans finished off the design.

Small business helping one another :)

No comments:

Post a Comment