Its a Boy


My client requested a cake for her first grand-baby.  A little BOY!  

I cut 2" squares of 50/50 paste and allowed them to dry several days.  The ones with the holes are to allow the support to be hidden.  Once all the squares were dry, they were assembled with royal frosting.  I then cut ribbon strips of fondant in pale blue to trim the blocks.


These are the blocks for the top of the cake.  I used the funky alphabet cutters for the lettering.





The finished cake in the refrigerator (incase I forgot the camera)  The overall cake was frosted in buttercream and all the trimmings are fondant in two shades of blue. 

The bottom tier was a 12" French Vanilla cake with fresh raspberry compote.  The top tier was devils food chocolate with a fudge filling.

 

I remembered the camera :)

No comments:

Post a Comment