Gingerbread Houses


Each year I would bake a gingerbread house and fill two pastry bags with royal frosting. I would set our twins sons at the table with the house, candies, and the frosting and let them construct the masterpiece of the season, while I wrapped gifts.  

While they were in college I had stopped making the annual gingerbread house.  Then about 4 years ago they asked why I had not made any gingerbread with the holiday cookies.  I figured they had just plain lost interest... NOT SO,  I was told and so the tradition is once again an annual event. 

Our sons are married with families of their own, so now we get together one evening during the Christmas season and have a competition...they even try to sabotage the others house.  We have tons of laughter and their children love helping place all the candies in place.   



This is our son Anthony and his wife and daughter.


This is Randy with his wife and three children.  We met at Randy's house and the competition was on!!!

 This year I a made a few miniature gingerbread houses.  This cutter can be purchase at Fancy Flours.  They hang on the side of your mug!  


                                                 
                  I love coffee and my son Anthony gave me this BIG mug a few years ago.
                                                         HOHOHO, Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment