Browning Camo


  The first cake of the new year was a Browning Camo theme for a 16th birthday.  The client sent me several pictures of cakes in this theme as I was unfamiliar with the term. 

A few days before the pick up date, I rolled out black gumpaste and cut the browning pattern for the top of the cake, allowing it to dry solid.  (I did not get a picture, grrr)  



Several hours before pick up, I colored about 8 oz. of fondant in several colors of green and brown to create the camo pattern.  I pinched off small pieces of fondant and began by putting the pieces in a circle on The Mat.


This is the final rollout.  I was very pleased with the pattern!

This fondant was for the bottom tier of the cake.  The top tier was done in pink fondant.  As Kendra is celebrating her 16 birthday, her name was cut in pink fondant from the funky letter cutters and the 16 was hand cut as my number cutters were not large enough.  Fondant balls were used around at the base of both tiers.



No comments:

Post a Comment