Lotus Blossom


A few years ago, a cooking program was featuring this cookie; however, they could not tell the viewer how they were made as they were entered into a cookie contest and the submitter would not tell how they were done. After a lot of bloggers kept asking the women who submitted the cookies to share, she asked her mother to at least let her take a picture of the irons that are used to make the cookies.

I carried the picture for a few months looking for the irons to make these. I eventually found a highly skilled craftsman to fabricate them for me. He did a wonderful job and they work beautifully.

The small cake in the middle is the one that Prince William of England requested for his wedding. With all the buzz here in the states about the Royal Wedding, I really wanted to taste this dessert. I contacted a fellow cake decorator in England and she said it was a very common dessert for high tea. She sent me the recipe and a special ingredient that we do not have in the states. It was so much fun making, quite easy to make, and so decadent to the taste. I finished off the cake with a chocolate clay rose.

It was a big hit with the ladies in my book club.

No comments:

Post a Comment