Damasks print


This cake was a "day before pick-up" order.

Sometimes a client will call me in the morning and want to pick a cake up the next day, this was just the case.  This type of order can be done if the client allows me to choose the design, as the art work take considerable time.  I, as a rule, always make additional flowers when preparing for a wedding in case I should break one or two when wiring the arrangement.  This practice  helps me to have flowers available for last minute orders, such as this.

The cake features buttercream in a pale blue with the damasks in dark blue. This is done by base-coating the buttercream and chilling the cake until set. Then with room temp buttercream in the opposing color, lay the stencil against the side of the cake and in a single swipe, spread the dark color on, and gently remove the stencil.

I then finished the design with shell borders, the birthday message and white gumpaste roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment