Petit Sweets


These little gems where for a 50 Birthday party. The client was throwing her own birthday celebration all around the theme of "Ding Dong this Witch is not DEAD". She requested sweets that party goers could grab and go (instead of the traditional piece of cake) So I made witches hats of mexican paste to set atop a mini dark chocolate cupcake filled with fudge. The hat was held on by green buttercream. The witches fingers are almond cookies with an almond fingernail. After the cookies were baked I used a very thin flesh colored almond sugar wash to represent the skin and a tint of red for the finger nail.
The spiders were sugar cookies with a black crystal sugar and a red chocolate diamond on their back.

I also had two other petit sweets (my computer deleted them as I tried to upload.. there was an error with the file???)

Well they were very cute if I say so myself. One was a cake ball shaped as the witches broom and the other was a mini cheesecake which featured a black sugarveil spider-web. All 250 mini treats were placed in a coffin at the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment