Ashton's B-day


Four - 9" x 1" rounds of Lemon cake where baked and cooled. The layers where cut into a hand shape by laying my left hand over the cake and carefully cutting out the shape with my right hand.  Next the layers were filled with Raspberry compote.  


A divot was cut out of the palm, making a place for a baseball.  The cake was crumb coated with whipped chocolate and chilled several hours before applying brown fondant, creating a baseball mitt.


The mitt was returned to refrigerator to chill, while I frosted and trimmed the base cake.  

White buttercream and a grass tip was used for a "field" texture.  The baseball was made of cake ball and covered in whipped chocolate and then yellow fondant.  Again I got to use my stitch maker for the ball marking (first used in a previous post for baseball roses).

The message was cut from FFM fancy alphabet cutters.


Happy Birthday Ashton!

No comments:

Post a Comment