Tina's 60th Birthday


This dear lady is a friend and her daughters' contacted me for a cake as her family was getting together for the celebration.  I "tried" to tell the girls that this idea may not be received as funny!  Well, all in good fun the women sent me a message and expressed how "yummy" the cake was.

I baked a 15 x 17 cake, 1/2 turtle and 1/2 white.  I carved the shape and covered the cake in fondant.  Using the JEM alphabet cutters I embossed the letters in the fondant before it crusted over.  I also used the Wilton baroque molds for the ornamentation at the top and bottom of the head-stone.  I then airbrushed the entire design with a dark gray color to "age" the fondant.  Using royal frosting, vines and flowers were added to the sides and message.

Happy Birthday Lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment