Variegated Ivy

 All sugar flower bouquets require foliage to give movement and realism to the final arrangement. Here I am making variegated ivy.   First I cut the ivy in several sizes and insert 26 gauge wire.  I generally dry the ivy on foam rubber with crevasses so the petals will dry in different shapes.
 Next I mix a medium and dark green gel paste, in separate containers, with a clear alcohol to paint the petals.  I start with the medium green (notice that I leave a clean edge on the petal)  Then I follow the medium with a dark green just in the center of the petal so that again the medium green has a edge of color.

                                                         I allow them to dry overnight.

Then starting with the smallest leaf working to the largest leaf, I tape a total of 6 leaf wires together to create on stem of ivy.   If the arrangement requires longer stems of ivy for movement, I will then tape several stems together.  On a side note I also wire the ivy with just small, medium or large leafs depending on the final look I require.

No comments:

Post a Comment