Baby O'Hara


This was unique for a baby shower.  The parents decorated the new arrivals room in vintage trucks.  
The cake was a 15 x 17 sheet cake for 50 guest, half  Banana with Chocolate custard and half Almond with Raspberry compote.  

All the vintage trucks around the sides were printed on frosting photo paper.  The frosting was buttercream in a stucco pattern on the top.  I then airbrushed several layers of yellow and browns, while the color was wet, I used a wet paper towel to lay over the color and lift off some of the color off to give a vintage look.   The truck on the top o the cake was done in fondant and again airbrushed to give the antique look.

 On a personal note:  when I was a small girl my father had a truck just like this one.  We called her... Tin Lizzy.  My sisters and I had great fun riding in the back (it was allowed back then, does that mean I'm considered vintage now ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment