Pansy

Gumpaste Pansy:  The first photo shows all the tools I use.

First I cut two of the smallest petals, two of the medium petals and one of the heart shape petal.  I insert my wire at the base of each of the five petals and thin the edges creating a soft ruffle.  I then insert the wire into styrofoam and allow all the petals to dry completely.

The next step:  I cut two large leaf petals and three small leaves.  Again I insert wire and thin the edges.  I add the veins to the leaves using a silicon mold and then dry the leaves on foam rubber to give then a natural shape.


I colors used to create this pansy, were violet and moss green.  I dust the flower petals close to the center.  The leaves are completely covered in the moss green petal dust.


After taping all the flower petals together I add spike lines from the center of the two small petals and the one heart petal.  This is done using airbrush coloring and a fine paint brush.  When the lines are dry I add a small center in bright yellow and attach the leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment